Can An Almost-82-Year-Old Male Ilocano Work From Homer (WFH) Deliver Excellent Editing Results With Technical Manuscripts In English Via Microsoft Word? Asking For A Friend!

From my personal experience dating back to 1976, manuscripts for technical journals have mostly 3 problems: missing parts, incomplete or poor reasoning, and problematic grammar. Whatever your target journal is, I can help you based on my varied editorial works (plural) in the last 46 years.

(Image sources: “5 Types” from iLovePhD, ilovephd.com; (“Write, Edit” from Washington University, icts.wustl.edu)

ANN asks, “What Are The Major Reasons For Scientific Manuscript Rejection?” and answers her own question (Scholar Hangout, manuscriptedit.com):

Research paper writing is a specialized skill that all academicians have to learn. While publication is an essential part of the profession, the rates of rejection by journals are too high. Estimates suggest that for highly regarded journals like Cell, Nature, and Science, the rejection rate is as high as 97%! That is to say, of all the 100 submissions, only 3 make it through editorial and peer review scrutiny, and this is for top professionals of their fields! Therefore, it is critical that authors are aware of the reasons for rejection in order to avoid the same.

The most number of reasons for rejection that I have seen is from the US of A; PubMed Central has a list of 11 (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov) –
(1) lack of novelty, originality, and presentation of obsolete study;
(2) improper rationale;
(3) unimportant and irrelevant subject matter;
(4) flaws in methodology;
(5) lack of interpretations;
(6) inappropriate or incomplete statistics;
(7) reviewers’ field of knowledge and discretion;
(8) inappropriateness for the journal;
(9) lack of in-vivo studies;
(10) inappropriate packaging of the manuscript; and
(11) journal’s popularity and the priority given to the manuscript by the Editor.

If you have a problematic manuscript such as a technical paper, or thesis, dissertation, I strongly recommend that you look for an Editor near you – if not, PM me on Facebook for my email. Send your manuscript and I will give you editorial advice within 24 hours – free!

Rotated to read vertically, the right image above says, “How To Use Track Changes in Microsoft Word.” I rotated the image using MS Word, yes – that is the power of software, as well as the power of knowing that power.

Starting with WordStar on Innocents Day in 1985, since 1987, as a writer and editor and desktop publisher, I have been using MS Word in the last 35 years! I have not only mastered my writing and editing – I have mastered my software.

Yes, I use MS Word all the time; and I use Track Changes to edit your manuscript so that you can easily see, without asking me, where I edited: changed any sentence; deleted any word or phrase etc. I usually rewrite the abstract because that is the poorest originally written part of a manuscript; this is based on my experience of 46 years editing agriculture and forestry manuscripts: technical papers, theses and dissertations.

The best way for anyone to edit your manuscript? Digital. Thank God for digital this & digital that!@517

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book To Publish? For Help, You Came To The Right Place! Ask For FAH – Fast And Helpful

Book To Publish? For Help, You Came To The Right Place! Ask For FAH – Fast And Helpful

Frank A Hilario, Your Digital One-Man-Band Editor Of Manuscripts & Editor In Chief Of Publications